Sunday, May 06, 2007

Milestone Arabian Dressage Show














Mav and Allie were really good at the show. Even though the scores were pretty low from the judges point of view, I could not complain about the quality of my rides. This was Allies first shot at Second and Third Level. I think you will see the real quality of my rides from the pics.


Mav was his usual self; even a little more than usual. Our Prix St. George ride was a wee bit tense, and he proved that he is not a dead-head by almost dumping me before I got in the ring. The judged moved her chair and he took off! Thanks to "Eagle Eyes" Jacquie who found my lost button from my jacket outside the sand ring when the Mad Palomino took the mad panic leap from hell.

Lauren and Moon did quite well, managing to come right behind me in both Second Level and H/A Sport Horse Show Hack.

Allie's show hack round was undoubtedly the BEST trip ever in that class. I even got a "Wow" comment from Cheryl Ehrlick who was announcing for the class when I rode by her!

Mikayla and Cameo won the Training 1 and came second in Training 2. Not bad out of 19 and 17 horses respectably! And Mikayla is only 13 years old!

So, here are some of the pics courtesy of Kirkridge's very own papparazzi; Les. Judy our other photographer will be bringing her pics tomorrow to sift through. I think between Les and Judy, they have over 500 pics!

Thanks again to Judy, Jacquie, Deanna and Les for being there helping me get the beasties to the show ring.