Monday, September 08, 2008

Niagara Dressage Show AKA The Niagara Falls on Me Show

































Pictures:The Rain during the beginning of my first test, before it got real bad. Extended Trot in the puddles with Allie during the second ride in the drizzle, Megan and Kalua, had their best tests of the season. Bottom : Rivendells Arwen and Brianne (this is Allies 1/2 sister in her first show ever!)


Well, when you start out the show season getting rained on, I guess you end up with doing the last show getting rained on too!
I started down the centre line with my rain cover and beige breeches on because of the iminent rain, but did not believe what happened in my test. It went something like this:
A Enter at Collected Trot
X Halt Salute Proceed at Collected Trot
C Track left into a light shower
R-V Shoulder-in to moderate rain
V-L Half Circle left 10M in heavier rain
L-R Half Pass Left into a monsoon!
Proceed past judge laughing, Judge finding the only dry spot under the canopy too keep watching and not float away.
MXK Change rein at Medium Trot in Torrential Downpour.
Continue through the rest of the test in Torrential Downpour.
A Turn Down centre line (at this point I am still doing this test by memory, because Janet Henderson who read for me is yelling her best, and I still can't hear her!).
X Halt Salute, leave arena in a light rain shower.
I got a big cheer from the crowd huddled in the arena from the weather, congratulating me on my guts and determination!
So, that test is definitely one for the books!