Monday, October 01, 2007

What a Show!




Mav (Gen Custer) was amazing at Sport Horse Nationals. He took a Top 10 in a deep field of competitors in the Prix St. George. Mav again went Top 10 (4th place) in the Intermediare 1.
Our freestyle was spectacular. Check out this link to find it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YneIb3uiFZ8 The other competitors could not touch the atmosphere that I created from my music, and if it was up to the audience, we would have taken the championship hands down. We went Reserve, non the less. I'm proud of my little guy. He exceeded all I wanted him to do.
It's really a great feeling when even a couple of days after my freestyle, I had people walking up to me saying how great it really was. I did ride my heart out in the ring, really playing with the crowd! Our western theme really did the trick!
Not to be left out was Allie. She went top 10 in Sport Horse Show Hack in a field of 19 horses. She also qualified for the Sport Horse Under Saddle final out of 64 horses, as we made both the semi-final and the final cut. I have not looked at the cards yet to see where we actually placed in the final.