Friday, July 13, 2007

Kirkridge News





These are pics of Allie at the Niagara Trillium Show today; courtesy of Les.

Some Sad news from Kirkridge. My little Sheltie Sir Killian passed away Friday June 6th at age 17. Friday the 13th was the anniversary of Lucky's passing 2 years ago.

The Milestone show was really no Milestone for Allie or Mav; they did not bode well with the footing, and I had to excuse myself from the Third Level Test. The princess decided that the footing was not up to her standards, and was getting aggravated with the slipping on the stone dust surface. Mav untypically could not get from behind the bridle. We still scored around the 60% mark, the rides were fairly clean, but he was not happy either.
So that left me in a panic to qualify for Nationals at Second Level. I scratched Allie out of the Second Level Test at Milestone, so the Arabian Show qualifications were a no-go. I decided to attend the Niagara Trillium Show today, and get the necessary scores. Little did I realize how well she would go in her second test. Allies first test was almost like a confidence builder after Milestone. She went in the ring a little hesitant, and not until after the first shoulder-in did she decide that the ring was OK, and started to kick into gear. Our second ride was much better, and we got a 64.76% in the Second Level Test 4. Straight 7's for our walk work, and 3 7's for general impression. I ended up with High Score for the Day!
So, I'm glad I entered the show for 2 reasons. #1- The princess redeemed herself in the ring after a disasterous last show. #2- There are no questions now to whether I am qualified for Canadian and US Nationals!
So the next stop is the Region 18 Championships for Mav and Allie in London, two weeks away.